BEAUMONT — Take a look back at some of the great music events which have occurred over the years in Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana. Below are some of the shows that took place during the week of Aug. 14 - Aug. 20.
• Aug. 14, 2004 38 Special performed at Wild Bill’s on College Street in Beaumont in support of its new release, “Drivetrain.”
• Aug. 15, 2008 Rock band Earshot performed at Woody’s in Port Arthur in support of its forthcoming release “The Silver Lining.”
• Aug. 15, 1970 Jerry Lee Lewis performed at an invitation only event in Nederland, Texas.
• Aug. 16, 2012 Canadian rockers Finger Eleven performed at the “Party by the Pool” concert series at L’Auberge Casino and Resort in Lake Charles, La.
• Aug. 17, 2012 Country music artist Chris Cagle performed at the Texas Longhorn Club in Vinton, La. in support of his June release, “Back in the Saddle.” The album peaked at number 27 on the Billboard Top 200 albums chart and features the top 15 single, “Got My Country On.”
• Aug. 19, 2012 Rock star Lindsey Buckingham, a member of legendary rock act Fleetwood Mac and member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, performed a solo rock show as the opening performer of the 2012-2013 season for the Lutcher Theater of the Performing Arts.
• Aug. 19, 2011 One of the greatest country music duos in history, The Judds, featuring mother and daughter Naomi and Wynona Judd, performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie as part of their farewell tour.
• Aug. 19, 2005 Texas guitarist and musician Eric Johnson performed at Antone’s in downtown Beaumont in support of his album, “Bloom,” released in June of the same year.