Special to The Leader
Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana music fans have seen plenty of legendary concert performances through the years, and more are on the way in 2013. Here’s a look back at some of the events between July 10 through July 16 through the years.
• July 10, 2003 Texas country musician Pat Green performed a headlining show inside the Dixie Dance Hall on Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont in support of his album forthcoming, Grammy-nominated album, “Wave on Wave.”
• July 12, 2012 Candlebox rocked the outside stage at L’Auberge Casino and Resort in Lake Charles, La. during the “Party by the Pool” concert series.
• July 12, 1968 The talented Little Richard arrived in Lake Charles, La. for a concert at the Bamboo Club.
• July 15, 1982 Victor Borge delivered a stunning concert at the Lutcher Theater for the Performing Arts in Orange.
• July 15, 1982 Country music star Kenny Rogers performed inside the Lake Charles Civic Center touring in support of his 1982 release, “Love Will Turn You Around,” featuring the number one single of the same name.