Special to The Leader
The holiday season is a time for joy, family and togetherness, and it also happens to be a great time of year for live music. Take a look back at the artists which have performed locally during this festive season. Here are shows for the week of Nov. 29 - Dec. 5.
• Nov. 29, 1983 British blues-rock band Foghat returned to Southeast Texas for a showcase at Cardi’s in Beaumont as the group toured in support of its May 1983 release, “Zig-Zag Walk.” This was the band’s last album until 1994.
• Dec. 1, 1978 Canadian rockers Triumph arrived in Beaumont in support of its album “Rock and Roll Machine,” which was released in the United States in June 1978.
• Dec. 2, 2005 Country music acts Gretchen Wilson, along with tourmates Big and Rich, performed in front of several thousand rowdy fans inside Ford Arena in Beaumont.
• Dec. 2, 1983 Musician Chuck Mangione performed at the Lutcher Theater in downtown Orange in support of his new album, “Journey to a Rainbow.”
• Dec. 4, 2008 Kentucky-based rockers Flaw performed at Scout Bar on Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont.
• Dec. 5, 2009 Kelly Clarkson performed to a capacity crowd at Ford Arena in Beaumont as she toured in support of her March 2009 CD, “All I Ever Wanted.”
• Dec. 5, 2006 Crystal Gayle performed at the Lutcher Theater in downtown Orange as the featured entertainer for the annual Christmas concert.