NEW YORK —
"We all think it's important, at this moment, for Paula, to concentrate on responding to the allegations against her and on her path forward," said Mike George, QVC's president and CEO in a letter posted on the company's website.
But QVC left the door open for Deen to return. "Some of you wonder whether this is a 'forever' decision — whether we are simply ending our association with Paula," continued George. "We don't think that's how relationships work. People deserve second chances."
Deen issued her own statement that was posted on QVC's webpage. "As you know, I have some important things to work on right now, both personally and professionally. And so we've agreed that it's best for me to step back from QVC and focus on setting things right
The developments are the latest blows dealt to Deen since comments she made in a court deposition became public.
Earlier this week, Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Target Corp. and Home Depot all announced that they plan to stop selling cookware and other items with Deen's brand.
Meanwhile, on Thursday, Novo Nordisk said it and Deen have "mutually agreed to suspend our patient education activities for now." Deen had been promoting the company's drug Victoza since last year, when she announced she had Type 2 diabetes
On Monday, pork producer Smithfield Foods dropped her as a spokeswoman.
Caesars Entertainment also announced that Paula Deen's name is being stripped from four buffet restaurants owned by the company. Caesars said that its decision to rebrand its restaurants in Joliet, Ill.; Tunica, Miss.; Cherokee, N.C.; and Elizabeth, Ind., was a mutual one with Deen.
Last week, the Food Network said that it would not renew her contract.