BEAUMONT — Take a look back at some of the great music events featuring national artists which have traveled through Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana over the years. Below are the shows for the week of June 25 through July 1.
• June 25, 1980 Alice Cooper brought the “Flush the Fashion Tour” to the Beaumont Civic Center as the master of nightmares toured in support of the album of the same name.
• June 26, 2004 ZZ Top and Hank Williams Jr. performed at Ford Pavilion in Beaumont in front of the largest crowd at the venue as more than 14,000 music fans witnessed the event.
• June 28, 2012 Country musician Kyle Park performed at Dixie Dancehall in downtown Beaumont.
• June 28, 2012 Country music legend Merle Haggard returned to Southeast Texas for a performance at Nutty Jerry’s.
• June 28, 2012 Uncle Kracker performed at L’Auberge Casino and Resort in Lake Charles, La. as part of the weekly “Party by the Pool” concert series.
• June 28, 1985 The Beach Boys performed in front of a near-capacity crowd in the football stadium of Lamar University in Beaumont.
• June 29, 1995 My Life with The Thrill Kill Kult performed at Club FX in Vinton, La. in support of its recent release, “Hit and Run Holiday.” Special guests included Lords of Acid and God Lives Underwater.
• June 29, 1980 Foghat brought the “Tight Shoes World Tour” to the confines of the Beaumont Civic Center as the band toured in support of the album of the same name.
• July 1, 1984 Rock guitarist Pat Travers arrived in Beaumont for a concert at Cardi’s as the musician toured in support of 1984 release, “Hot Shot,” which also turned out to be his last original recording of the 1980s.