BEAUMONT — Take a look back at some of the great music events featuring national artists which have traveled through Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana over the years. Below are the shows for the week of June 4 through June 10.
• June 4, 2003 Tennessee rockers Saliva arrived in Southeast Texas for a concert at Antone’s as the band toured in support of its November 2002 release, “Back into Your System,” featuring the singles “Raise Up” “Rest In Pieces” and “Always.”
• June 6, 2013 Kenny Wayne Shepherd performed at L’Auberge Casino and Resort in Lake Charles, La. as part of the weekly “Party by the Pool” concert series.
• June 6, 1988 David Lee Roth, former Van Halen frontman, performed at the Lake Charles Civic Center in support of his January 1988 release, “Skyscraper,” featuring the hit songs “Just Like Paradise” and “Damn Good.” Glam rock kings Poison, touring in support of its sophomore album “Open Up and Say...Ahh!” opened the show.
• June 6, 1981 Ozzy Osbourne, along with guitarist Randy Rhodes, performed at Fair Park in Beaumont in support of his debut solo album, “Blizzard of Ozz,” which was released in September 1980. Motorhead, which was the opening act, was touring in support of its 1980 release, “Ace of Spades” featuring the single of the same name.
• June 9, 2006 Rising country music star Joe Nichols performed at Wild Bills on College Street in Beaumont in support of his October 2005 album, “III”, which features arguably his biggest hit, “Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off.”