BEAUMONT — Take a look back at some of the great music events featuring national artists which have traveled through Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana over the years. Below are the shows for the week of May 28 through June 3.
• May 28, 2011 Southern rock icons 38 Special performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie.
• May 29, 2008 Heavy metal band Five Finger Death Punch returned to Southeast Texas for the second time in six months as the band performed at Antone’s in downtown Beaumont.
• May 30, 2013 Blackberry Smoke performed at L’Auberge Casino and Resort’s “Party by the Pool” concert series in Lake Charles, La.
• June 2, 2004 The Marshall Tucker Band performed at Antone’s on Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont in support of its May 2004 release, “Beyond the Horizon.”
• June 3, 2012 Platinum selling rapper Snoop Dogg performed a special concert inside the Ford Park Exhibit Hall in Beaumont as the artist toured in support of his March 2011 release, “Doggumentary.” The show was delayed 30 minutes reportedly due to the singer watching the end of a NBA finals game.
• June 3, 2005 Rapper and singer Nelly performed inside Ford Arena in Beaumont in support of his two 2004 releases, “Sweat” and “Suit.”