Tommy Mann Jr.
The Orange Leader
The holiday season is one of the best times to see a live music event from a national artist, and many have traveled to Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana during this time of year. Below is a listing of events during the week of Dec. 11 - Dec. 17.
• Dec. 11, 1986 L.A.-based rockers Ratt performed at the Beaumont Civic Center for the second time in 16 months as the group supported its new album, “Invasion of Your Privacy.” Main support was Cheap Trick and opening the show was Poison, which was making its debut on the Ratt tour and its first-ever arena performance.
• Dec. 13, 2012 Hurt arrived in Beaumont for a concert at The Gig on Crockett Street in support of its May 2012 release, “The Crux.” Special guests included Smile Empty Soul and Black Oxygen.
• Dec. 14, 2012 Country music act Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie.
• Dec. 15, 2012 Renowned International musician Shoji Tabuchi returned to the Lutcher Theater in Orange for the first time in two decades for two spectacular Christmas concerts.
• Dec. 15, 2011 Motown legends The Commodores performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie.
• Dec. 15, 2007 Poison vocalist Bret Michaels co-headlined a concert with Vince Neil of Motley Crue-fame at the Beaumont Civic Center as each singer performed a mix of solo songs and hits from their respective bands.
• Dec. 15, 1983 Todd Rundgren performed at Cardi’s in Beaumont.
• Dec. 16, 2011 The Charlie Daniels Band performed a stellar set of classic material at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie.
• Dec. 17, 2008 A re-united Trust Company rocked out Scout Bar in downtown Beaumont.
• Dec. 17, 2003 Hoobastank, touring in support of its December 2003 release, “The Reason,” performed to a capacity crowd at Antone’s in downtown Beaumont with special guest, Element Eighty. The album peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and the single of the same name climbed to No. 2 on the Top 40 chart.