6. Theory of a Deadman, Charm City Devils at L'Auberge du Lac Casino in Lake Charles, La. (July 19, 2012)
This concert is the definition of what the weekly summer "Party by the Pool" concert series is all about as it featured a well known band, which is current, relevant, popular and good. Thousands packed the pool area of the casino for this show and it only cost $10.
7. Lindsey Buckingham at Lutcher Theater for the Performing Arts in Orange (Aug. 19, 2012)
Fleetwood Mac member Lindsey Buckingham opened the 2012-2013 Lutcher Theater season in style in a show which featured only the musician and his arsenal of electric guitars. Although he only performed a handful of Fleetwood Mac songs, it was night to remember.
8. Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Ford Park Arena in Beaumont (March 3, 2012)
Welcome to Beethoven meets heavy metal. This amazingly talented unit of classical and rock musicians delivers a stunning performance each night. If the music doesn't mesmerize you, then the light show surely will with walls of flame and more lasers than a Star Wars movie.
9. The Toadies, The Phuss, Sea Lion at The Gig in Beaumont (April 4, 2012)
The opening acts were definitely the undercard this night as a capacity crowd turned out to see the Texas natives in the group's first appearance on Crockett Street in three or four years. Whether you are a fan or not, you have to say The Toadies are a good band to see live anytime.
10. (Tie) Tanya Tucker at Nutty Jerry's in Winnie. (May 11, 2012)
The Texas diva was in fine form at this concert at Nutty Jerry's and did not disappoint as she performed a 75 minute set of music featuring well known hits and classic gems. The show also featured a song from her young daughter and a guest appearance the legendary Jo-El Sonnier.
10. (Tie) Shoji Tabuchi at Lutcher Theater for Performing Arts in Orange (Dec. 15, 2012)
Making his first return appearance to the Lutcher Theater in 19 years, Shoji Tabuchi's showcase was not only a concert, but it was a masterful performance from a true entertainer. Tabuchi performed holiday classics, as well as Cajun, Country and Classical music while his sense of humor left little doubt he has a true comedic nature.