The Orange Leader
• June 12, 1999 The legendary Bo Diddley performed at the 10th annual Gulf Coast Jam in Port Arthur.
• June 12, 1981 Judas Priest performed inside the Beaumont Civic Center for the second time in 13 months as the group returned to Southeast Texas with the “World Wide Blitz Tour” in support of its February 1981 album, “Point of Entry,” which features the popular songs “Headin’ Out to the Highway,” “Hot Rockin’” and “Don’t Go.” Opening the show was fellow metal act, Iron Maiden, which was touring in support of its album, “Killers,” featuring vocalist Paul Di’Anno. The album featured the popular songs “Wrathchild” and “Murders in the Rue Morgue.”
• June 14, 2012 The Reverend Horton Heat performed in front of a capacity crowd at The Gig in downtown Beaumont.
• June 14, 2009 Popular rock act Saliva returned to Beaumont with a performance at the Scout Bar on Crockett Street. The band was touring in support of its December 2008 release, “Cinco Diablo.” This would be the band’s last performance in Southeast Texas featuring original vocalist Josey Scott.
• June 15, 2007 Country music legends George Jones and Loretta Lynn performed in concert inside Ford Arena in Beaumont. The show featured a large dance floor at the rear of the arena.
• June 17, 2011 Well known ’80s radio rocker Eddie Money performed a hit-laden set at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie, Texas.
• June 17, 2007 Kentucky rockers Black Stone Cherry returned to Southeast Texas for a concert at Antone’s with special guest Operator.