Tommy Mann Jr.
The Orange Leader
Great music is never far away, and the month of October has been a popular time of year for national artists to head to Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana. Below are some of the show which occurred in the area between Oct. 16 - Oct. 22.
• Oct. 17, 2006 Buckcherry, touring in support of its hit album, “15,” featuring the hit singles, “Crazy Bitch” and “Sorry,” performed a street concert in the Crockett Street Entertainment District in Beaumont. Crossfade opened the show.
• Oct. 18, 2012 Michael Grimm, winner of the season five series America’s Got Talent, performed inside the Julie Rogers Theatre in Beaumont.
• Oct. 18, 2009 Dog Jam ’09 was held at Ford Pavilion in Beaumont and featured the most diverse lineup of bands in the festival’s history with a headlining appearance by The Black Crowes. Also appearing were Saving Abel, Sevendust, Halestorm and Truth and Salvage Co.
• Oct. 19, 2011 Alternative metal band 10 Years returned to Beaumont for the second time in less than seven months as part of the SRO Concert Series at Ford Arena. 10 Years was still touring in support of its Aug. 2012 release, “Feeding the Wolves.” Special guests included Hell or Highwater, In Elements and The Hunger.
• Oct. 20, 2012 Orange County native and country music star Clay Walker performed to a capacity crowd at the Isle of Capri Event Center in Lake Charles, La.
• Oct. 21, 2011 Country music legend Charley Pride, along with special guest Johnny Lee, performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie.
• Oct. 21, 2007 Dog Jam ’07 was held inside the Montagne Center of Lamar University in Beaumont and featured a headlining performance by Korn. Special guests included HellYeah, Five Finger Death Punch and Droid.
• Oct. 22, 2010 Singer and songwriter Eddie Money traveled to Southwest Louisiana for a concert at the Isle of Capri Casino in Lake Charles, La.
• Oct. 22, 2003 Mexican-American country music singer Rick Trevino performed at Cactus Canyon in Beaumont in support of his September 2003 release, “In My Dreams.”