The Orange Leader
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. HOW OBAMA IS WOOING THE GOP
His latest tactic in the budget battle: invite key senators over for dinner.
2. VENEZUELAN LEADER MOURNED
Tens of thousands turn out as Chavez's casket is carried on an hours-long procession through the streets.
3. WORKER KILLED AT REFUGE FOR BIG CATS
A female intern-volunteer at a private wild animal park in California is fatally mauled by a lion.
4. BLOCK THAT PICK
Sen. Rand Paul filibusters the president's choice to lead the CIA, demanding drones never be used in the U.S. to kill American terrorism suspects.
5. PEACEKEEPERS SWEPT UP IN SYRIA'S CIVIL WAR
Twenty members of a U.N. peacekeeping team are detained by armed fighters linked to the opposition.
6. JEB BUSH'S 'NO WAY' BECOMES 'MAYBE'
The ex-Florida governor signals that he might run for president in 2016 after all.
7. IN BIRTHPLACE OF CHRISTIANITY, FAITH DYING
Across the Holy Land, hospitals, schools and charities are feeling the effects of a dwindling population of Catholic monks and nuns to run them.
8. BUSINESSES COURT GAY CLIENTELE
More gay ads are appearing, nearly two decades after Ikea's TV spot featuring a gay couple prompted bomb threats.
9. WHERE A RUSSIAN BALLET STAR IS APPEARING NEXT
Pavel Dmitrichenko is due in court Thursday, accused of masterminding an acid attack that burned the Bolshoi Theater's artistic director.
10. NYC SENDS A WARNING, LOUD AND CLEAR
City's latest public health campaign focuses on the hazards of cranked-up earphones.